Saturday, August 1, 2015

Haikus

A Song Of Forgetfulness

In the smoke-filled room
I sing songs on weekend nights,
Lost in the music

Surrounded by friends
Forgetting the vicious weeds,
Not that important

The world filled with doubt
No doubt in a melody
Shut the darkness out

Through the haze and smoke
And the sound of jazz and blues
A single note sways


Warmth

The sun is shining
Crystal blue waters and sand
My destination

I have been pining
Longing to be at the beach
Tropical nation


Long Lost Heroes

Back in ancient times
The Greek countryside in mist
The Ruins still speak

And what of heroes,
Those that legend made quite great?
The stones whisper weak

Every day I sing
And every day I need you
From islands I sigh

Vast seas spilled before
The tragedy pierced my heart
Bidding them goodbye


Tossing Seas

Warm the winter here
Ease of sorrows that have been
No heeding them now

Those little shadows
Holding fear o'er my head
No change in their course

Biting frost outside
Awaiting to fall down dead
Melted by water

Saltwater afar
Saltwater from the stirred seas
Gathered for voyage

Bring across the globe
All winter's fury that freeze
And then tossing seas


2008

No comments:

Post a Comment