Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Distorted Chambers In The Realm Of Dreams - Chapter 13

Violence Of Demons

There came a day when it was possible to drive less than 200 miles to visit anyone I knew. The distances had been so overwhelming at times. Long spans of time had passed. We were there at a kind of intermission. No more running from phone to phone and talking haltingly, lest someone walk by and listen. I had seen places like hell encircle them and infest everything and everywhere. The sleep of they who walked were as moving pawns like poisoned servants. Strangers would stand in the middle of such dark scenes and amid such ghastly walls of darkness and dull recreations of some evil ancient time, and would never notice any of it. Like sleepwalkers or puppets with no acknowledgement whatsoever.

Dark blue waters poured upon the earth, and in a clear sky whirlwinds slashed through buildings, radio stations and houses. Two demons stood, appearing large at first and then seeming the size of ordinary men. One of the demons looked at me and accused me. It pointed a clawed finger at me and seemed mute, but then it was heard. Saying that I traveled in their domains uninvited. The demonic figures on the open of a field stood high upon another field that layered over the first somehow. The demon that had been pointing at me kept on cursing me and threatened horrible pain upon me.

Then the other demon struck the first with a blunt object. It wasn't in my defense, but for the competition or the pleasure to be the giver of pain and suffering. I could not see the other demon so well as it was far more elusive and disappeared from sight. I looked all around me. I was afraid. Then in a sudden burst of resolve, I struggled with a fear and overcame it. I knocked the demon that I could see over the side of an earthen mound of soil with a torch-lit staff from a Methuselah tree. As the demon fell a loud shriek went out and it pierced the air and almost shattered my ears.

I stood there stunned. The demonic figure had cracked his head upon a dark blue pipeline. I could see the blood flow down the sides of the protruding apparatus. I had wondered if the demons were once men. There was no sign of the other demon, and the sky darkened. It was still somewhere. I was waiting for it.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with that demon! And how cool, really...”torch-lit staff from a Methuselah tree”. Your knowledge base never ceases to amaze. We should’ve ALL been taught about a tree in existence since 2832 BC. Guess someone left that out of the curriculum, huh, imagine that...fucking fake schools. What a waste...what a prison year after year when I could’ve been soaking up nature and the outdoors, my natural inclination always instead... can anyone say “trapped animal?”. I sure can...

    ReplyDelete