Sunday, July 12, 2015

Distorted Chambers In The Realm Of Dreams - Chapter 8

Dwelling Before An Evil Fortress

The sky was a pinkish color as if a storm had been coming. A foggy light kind of afterglow in light hues of pale rose hung overhead. I looked up and then absently back down to the tame landscape that surrounded me. Here and there were shrubs and trees, and other foliage. The trees were dead and blackened, but somehow they seemed as a shelter for the smooth mossy ground below their thick branches. The ground was completely even as a marble floor might have been. The branches never moved with the wind, the charred-black color of them seemed to give off a high gloss of moisture that had clung to the dry bark like large, suspended raindrops until they were absorbed into the bark itself to keep a glossy appearance.

Amid this was a little glass structure, like a greenhouse. I lived there. Inside I had furniture and old lamps and rugs. I'd sit and read and do everyday things. In the open, surrounded by tainted glass and the ever warm atmosphere all around me inside and outside. I went inside to rest. I knew I couldn't be seen but I could see far enough away, through the trees, through the eerie forest-like realm, the dark fortress that lay on its borders. To me, it had always seemed like a fortress. Giving thought to the amount of time I must have been here as I had in some strange way grown accustomed to it and that it was part of the world I inhabited. I knew not of the length of time I was in this realm. It seemed years in this frame but as always, only hours had passed. I was somewhere I had been before but I had no prior recollection. Time was not measured here though.


I sighed. I opened the thick wooden door and went back outside. When inside, the clouds seemed to envelope the small dwelling and all around it. And when looking up, a full moon shown as hazy light that never moved and was best seen in the center of a clearing encircled by trees. As I walked further through the trees I found that the shadowy structure was indeed a fortress. It seemed empty. Abandoned. I heard something from inside. At first an echo and then a loud clanging as if something heavy had fallen from a great height from inside barren walls.

I fled to another side of the fortress and stood upon the balcony of its front structure.

"How. . .did I get here?" I asked myself, and ducked down. I looked around and saw an old garden path that lead to what appeared to be an empty pond, and beyond that, a lone wall as if it was merely built as an obstacle against the wind. At the front there was a dark passageway. I looked up again. The same sky hung overhead. It was night. I looked at the windows of the fortress and peered inside. The windows having a clear glass and framing in sections in modern day style. But the walls of stone were of a long ago era. A time when castles were built. More noises emitted from inside but there was nothing there. No life force of any kind. It was as if the sounds were mute to all else, unknowing to any sense of fear or any outside presence whatsoever.

I sat on a fallen stone that was against the outer wall and must have toppled from the roof, from some past earthquake or strong winds. I felt that within the fortress there was finally nothing evermore to heed. I stood up and shuttered because somehow I remembered that's how gateways were opened and used. When there was no guard. I began to move away and the gravity of the grounds on which I moved, they pulled heavier, so I moved slower. I broke free of the pull when I focused on and connected with the moon, and at a quicker pace I ran back into the forest. I was free of the grip of the fortress grounds. There was something evil there.

I headed back to my hidden abode.


Circa 1996

Because of the vivid imagery of this dream, and how clear and lucid it was, I had written a poem (1998) and a song lyric (2016) dedicated to this one dream.

3 comments:

  1. 1. “...how gateways were opened and used. When there was no guard.” Referring to the fallen stone that must’ve toppled from the roof and/or that you felt that within the fortress there was nothing evermore to heed or both?

    2. Your focus and connection with the moon to aid in releasing the hold of “gravity of the grounds” on you...have you employed this before or just sensed your ability to harness your connection to help this first time? And, if I may, is that through thought, prayer, instinct, sensory unspeaking ways or somehow the same as remote viewing techniques or skills? Is it the moon itself, someone on the moon you’re connecting with telepathically, or yet another type of connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. A long time ago the moon was only seen as a time piece, by ancient peoples, dark or good. It wasn't until WWII that it was discovered that it could be used as a gateway to this world, because of how it moves around the earth (salad bowl) and the question arose how does a singular object (moon) not show its other side and not rotate. They found a way. Eventually they learned how to get to the moon 20 or so years later. But when I approached the fortress and (I'm guessing my presence toppled the stone) it fell. There was no longer any gateway that could be used. This is just a guess from my memory of it. The fortress wasn't supposed to be there. My abode within the forest is static. That's why nothing changed, including the moon. The fortress was abandoned, then the stone that was held aloft by the roof was fallen. The only sense I could make out of it. I used to find little places like that all the time. They're very rare.

      2. The moon has a gravitational pull on spiritual beings whether dark or good, to keep the parallels between living and dead within this sphere. The connection with the moon is a connection to those who operate it. It serves more than just a "lesser light to rule the night". I haven't really harnessed anything with the Lunar object or being. I just know its magic and its power. It's a treasure, a gem, something I've never dreaded or misunderstood, but something that embodies a fall, like death for example. So I never enter or exit through those gates. Under the moon. Yes, through instinct. I just resisted the pull of it. I wasn't trying to use the fortress as a means to somewhere else. Just looking around, really.

      Delete