Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Distorted Chambers In The Realm Of Dreams - Chapter 19

Driving Towards Desolate Land

Rachel and I were trying to get belongings packed up into the back of a mobile home or a van of some kind. Something had just happened, some poor soul was being thrown into a dark place and we were trying to save the belongings from being rummaged through by our enemies. Back inside, Rachel was crying and screaming in anger and disgust.

She was beyond upset, wrathful and defeated. I could have split the realm of Hell with the energy of my own wrath. But I had no clue what had happened. I just knew something happened. Suddenly in an unclear moment I thought she was angry with me because I was feeling defeated and at a breaking point though I could not remember what it was over. I was in a hurry to get things moved. Then I soon realized that she was addressing some demonic shadow in the corner to my left. The room where we stood was dark. It was a roundish living area that connected to a kitchen off to its side. I took note of the circular old house rug on the floor. I wasn't in the mood for throwing down demons. Mainly because I was still in shock over Rachel's apparent nervous breakdown.

I wanted to leave as soon as possible because the place was rather dismal enough by itself. A voice hung in the air. A dull, monotone voice. We couldn't really tell where it was coming from. I turned to Rachel and told her to block it out. She sat down and tightened her knuckles and began making fists, but still crying and yelling. I followed her lead and also commanded the demonic shadow's voice to shut up.

I looked back at Rachel and then looked in the mirror that hung on a nearby wall and Rachel came up and stood next to me. We noticed that both her and I had dark-brown circles under our eyes. We both looked beyond exhausted and so deprived of sleep that we appeared as mere shells of ourselves. Our faces were almost hollow from lack of sleep. We looked as if we had died.

"Rachel!" I pleaded, "We're not getting enough rest, this is an illusion because our flesh bodies are so tired that the shadow is using our weariness to deceive us! I'm here, there's nothing to fear!" Suddenly the demonic shadow appeared to have more shape and leapt from the corner and tore through the living room like a swirling wind inside the diameter of where we were standing. Things began being broken in the fury of the evil presence. Then it left shrieking out of the front door. After a few seconds the place was just a little bit lighter and we continued getting what we could salvage into boxes and loaded into the vehicle. There were broken pieces of mom's favorite tea pot, creamer and cups. I had to throw them away because they were too broken to mend.

Rachel had begun to look like herself again, but still tense. I went back in to get the last of the stuff. I was standing in an almost empty room and examined the wooden floor now with a crumpled gray-white rug sprawled out over it. I grabbed it and folded it. Suddenly little imitation pig-like figures came out of the corners from the walls, standing on their hind-legs. Instead of appearing scary, I thought they just looked stupid. I actually laughed. It seemed they were also faded as if they had been behind a special effects screen that was bleached. Though I could not see the screen, I knew it was there. I marked a 20 degree angle and lined up a mile of Nevada with a passage to Colombia in my best guess of where we were. There was a signal in the note of G. There was an exit nearby but I didn't take it because Rachel was present and I didn't know where she was going.

Rachel and I were traveling down the road in the mobile home with the boxes piled in the back. I thought mom was there, too. I just didn't see her. Rachel was driving and I was sitting in the passenger's seat. I couldn't understand why she was driving though. I felt uneasy. We were going through a part of some town that edged onto a vast, empty, dimming in the sunset, stretch of open land.

"A few more lights, on ramps, and we're on our way." I said to Rachel as she drove. Rachel was, at first, driving calmly but then started to drive all crazy and almost desperately. I was worried and wondered what had gotten her spooked. A red light was up ahead and she was struggling to get the brake peddle down. Then it changed green and we began traveling at an excessive speed. Mom didn't seem to notice, but I said in a strained voice of caution "Shouldn't we slow down a bit? Is there anything wrong?" Rachel nodded to me. A car pulled up ahead of us and then began driving slow. Rachel, still doing about 64 m.p.h., was coming upon the tail of the car fast. I grabbed the dashboard as Rachel finally noticed the distance and slowed down just in time. She then drove around the car and passed it. There was nothing but open, deserted land up ahead. The speed increased to 90 m.p.h. "Are we trying to take off in this thing?" I joked.

The road up ahead suddenly ended, turning into a flattened stretch of a cracked, dry desert with rocks scattered round. I thought at first she had gone off the road but throughout this part of the dream it never seemed that she wasn't in control of the vehicle. I asked if the brakes worked. I looked at Rachel and looked for the traces of anxiety because she scared me.

She replied that she was trying. As we continued through the bumpy ride, I looked out over the land ahead. It was desolate, dismal and dead. A desert out on some plain that spanned some unknown territory. I wondered why we were using that road to begin with, just as the edges of known civilization were disappearing behind us. I asked if everything was okay. I looked over at Rachel once more, and she seemed to be fighting with the brake peddle. I was ready to battle the up-ahead surprise if there were to be any on our way to the endless turbulent landscape of seemingly no return, upon the resolved acknowledgement of no roads. I said that we had to make our escape now. Rachel disappeared from the driver's seat. I turned and connected with the note of G.

I awoke.

I have had dreams myself where I was driving and the brakes wouldn't work. The harder I'd try to brake, the more the car would not respond or only slow a little but not entirely stop, and would sometimes speed faster on. Of course I'd have to steer it away from colliding with anything. Doomed to go down some awry road or stretch of land that never ended in its repeating inclines and steep hills. Here I witnessed the same thing happening to another, which I had experienced myself and knew of the terror.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Ha! Been there done that regarding brakes that failed suddenly on a vehicle I was driving. Naturally it was right when we were plunging down a steep hill toward a “T” intersection at night, with huge trees just beyond the “T”. Miraculously steered completely right then swerved left at the last second while yanking the wheel to the right sending “The Beast” careening around the turn just barely avoiding contact with the huge trees lining the roadway and on to a straight part of roadway now ahead. Still had to make it back home with no brakes, but that was easy compared to what my older son and I had just been through.

    2. This part, “ I marked a 20 degree angle and lined up a mile of Nevada with a passage to Colombia in my best guess of where we were. There was a signal in the note of G.”, seems to be the technique you’ve alluded to a couple times previously for getting out of situations... Please spill it, if you can. And why the note of G specifically?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In dreams things are mapped differently. I have made some. Of pathways and entities encountered. Nevada is directly connected to Colombia. I can't explain it but it's the bottom part of the route and Nevada is the top part. The note of G is like a base tone, allowing the dreamer to be aware of being mindfully out of the sleeping host body. And connects back to delta frequencies to begin the process to alpha frequencies. It's just a trick I learned. Another trick I do sometimes is to tap the ground with my foot, to be sure I'm standing on solid ground. Sorta like a pinch to be sure that you're really awake. However that trick as of late hasn't served to well. The gravity is changing even in sleep, I can dream I'm using my foot to test the ground and it feels as if I am awake. So much for that, huh?

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...think I’m where you are on the, “ And connects back to delta frequencies to begin the process to alpha frequencies. It's just a trick I learned.”, but may need you to “learn me” a little more on that one to be sure.

    Too cool about all of this and your awesome answers and again, your willingness to share. The Nevada/Colombia connect is...well, so incredible as is the base tone note of G. Guess you never got a user’s manual with any of this or studied any reference before getting your license to drive either. Your courage and willingness to push these boundaries and learn such tricks somehow speak volumes of the depths of the you I have so, so happily have come to know and love ❤️.

    ReplyDelete