Monday, July 13, 2015

Distorted Chambers In The Realm Of Dreams - Chapter 7

On A Balcony Waiting Out The Dark

"These sliding doors don't have any screens, do they?" I asked. Then I heard a muffled yes. I stood on a balcony where there was a lush green lawn before me. It was a backyard that lead to a line of shrub and tree in the short distance away. The evening was peaceful, and the warmth felt nice. The dullness was welcomed. There was a porch but the brick and stone structure made it seem like a grand balcony that overlooked a secluded yard that was located near the hilltops of some small wooded locale. The only light emitted from a nearby street lantern located near the back dim porch light.

Dusk was just setting in. There was no one in the yard. I seemed to be on watch. I could smell the salty air. The sea was nearby only a few miles away. I faintly recall the moonlight upon the surface of dark water. I stood there and looked out. Something was in the woods. I fell quiet so that even my breathing could not be detected. I waited.

I could hear the ticking of a clock somewhere from inside the house. Something was heading for the house. Others in the house were oblivious to any sense of movement outside. I saw the shadows come out from the green that by now had turned shapeless in the coming night.

A darkness proceeded with no retreat. I turned toward the sliding doors and the screen was blocking me from the inside. I was going to try to lock the door behind me and step out another door to watch whatever it was, like a guardian. I wanted to keep it away. I was doing rather well as I hadn't been detected. Then someone else inside the house slowly slid the door then left the door slightly open. I stood there hiding beside the porch still looking out at the dark shade of the nearby trees, and never really seen anything move or attack, but I felt its presence.

The night hours seemed unnaturally long. I almost forgot and walked back to the door. The humming of a transformer droned on. No electricity was failing, so I knew whatever I had sensed wasn't anything supernatural.

I reached for the door but turned back to see the street lantern again and it was in another place now. There was a white van heading toward the area outside the line of trees and I followed along on the sidewalks next to the newly made concrete ditches that lead to a circular platform where a flagpole stood. I looked up and noted that I was still in America. The presence I had felt before had returned and I ran back toward the house and back door. I couldn't reach the balcony because it seemed higher. The white van disappeared off into the night. The license tag was only one letter. I thought it was odd.

The presence had taken dominance over the platform with the flag but the house changed and made itself difficult to enter. The presence was evil but I remained hidden and safe all the same.

3 comments:

  1. 1. So, supernatural =electricity failing?

    2. Do you recall what the one letter was on the Van’s license plate tag and is that important? Is this foreshadowing? ;) Ha! Don’t worry, if so, reading on, so not going to reach spoiler alert status...at least I guess? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. In dreams if you see electricity failing, that's a sign that something supernatural might be in with you. In your presence. Evil will stalk anyone. I learned to stalk back. To hunt it down. Usually I don't though. But sometimes evil asks for it. And the regret is never mine.

      2. The letter I saw, not knowing at the time, was a Q.

      Delete
  2. The letter Q...had my fingers crossed on that one...thanks for not making me wait. You’re abilities..omg.

    Thanks so much also on the supernatural reply...

    ReplyDelete